POWER TRANSMISSION A & B
This course, the first in the series on transmission system operation, is to draw attention to the major features of transmission system equipment, and operation of transmission lines. Topics covered include:
• The application of high voltage DC transmission
• The effect of transmission line conductor resistance and inductance
• Line voltage drop and power angle as shown by vectors
• The effect of line loading on voltage drop and power angle
• The effect of load power factor on voltage drop and power angle
• Charging current required due to the line shunt capacitance
• Voltage rise due to line capacitance on an open-ended line, shown by vectors
• Production of reactive power by line shunt capacitance
• Line reactive compensation equipment, including: reactors, capacitors, synchronous condensers, and static VAR compensators
• The principle of transformer operation
• Instrument transformers.
The Energy Management Institute (EMI) is the foremost innovative professional services firm providing insight into the energy future. EMI uses its specialized energy market expertise to bring a wide array of services and products to energy professionals. EMI is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive and exciting training experiences available to energy professionals. EMI is an education partner with the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX), providing training to the domestic and international exchange communities.